About Me

My photo
Author, Illustrator, Creative Guy willstrong.art@gmail.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

Picture Book Marathon 2011 - Day 9

I had so much fun with yesterday's preschool book that I did another one (in which my favorite shoes make a cameo.)


MONSTERS LOVE CLOTHES (by Will Strong)
Tall monster wears shoes.
Short monster wears a hat.
Chubby monster wears pants.
Bumpy monster wears a dress.
Slimy monster wears a coat.
Fuzzy monster wears underpants.
Skinny monster wears a tie.
All monsters love clothes.
They're delicious.




These are fun.  I can't promise that there won't be more of these before the Picture Book Marathon is over.

3 comments:

Jed Henry said...

I think the simple format is really fun. To really drive this concept home, I think you need to entertain the parents as well. Check out Sandra Boynton. She's a toddler whisperer, but she can also work a room of parents.

Julie Olson said...

Monster book for toddlers would be a great idea. I like the premise. I would say in the text, use "Tall Monster LOVES shoes, Short Monster LOVES hats" then the illustration tells the rest. Have them holding the thing they love near the body part it goes to so the reader THINKS they are going to put them on. But in the end, they are all shown EATING the items. You could do colors instead of descriptions, like purple instead of tall. Just an idea.

Will Strong said...

Great idea Julie. I love it.