About Me

My photo
Author, Illustrator, Creative Guy willstrong.art@gmail.com

Saturday, April 3, 2010

I Love Sewing

A couple of weeks ago I got to use a sewing machine for the first time.  Honestly, sewing by hand is just stupid.  It takes longer and doesn't look nearly as nice.  I still don't really know what I'm doing, but I'm having fun learning.  Notice my glee and intense concentration.








So, after some effort I came out with this guy.  His name is Brutus.  He is loved by adults and children alike.





Sometimes Brutus likes to pretend that he's one of the couch pillows.




This photo is really just for size reference.  I swear.  Also, Brutus has a wicked underbite that is very had to duplicate by non-monsters.




More plushie monsters to come.


7 comments:

keviN said...

he TOTALLY looks like a Brutus. i approve. haha..

i may do some Brutus fan art in the future, just cause i think his design is so cool.

Aaron Ludwig said...

Glee noted.

Strong Clan said...

My 6th graders fell in love with Brutus. It was awesome! I think that Pottery Barn would love your work. I love your work. I love you.

Cathy said...

My shitsu Bruiser would love Brutus. He has a matching underbite.

Rachel J said...

I want one! You should sell these.

Also--are you telling me that you hand-sewed all of your old Halloween outfits!? Thats amazing!

JAKE WYATT said...

I love you sewing. And I love what you sew. And you reap what you sew. And sew it goes. It's sew awesome. It's sew YOU. I'm sew done with this joke.

M.R. Weaver said...

DUDE, your plushies are probably some of the coolest toys I've seen in a long time. For the good of humanity you NEED to sell them to the good-toy-starved children everywhere.
:)