About Me

My photo
Author, Illustrator, Creative Guy willstrong.art@gmail.com

Friday, February 12, 2010

BYU Illustration Wins Student Competition (7 Times)

The Society of Illustrators just announced their winners for this year's Student Scholarship competition. If you don't know what the SOI is just think of it as a the Screen Actors Guild for Illustrators. The Student Scholarship Competition is a way for the SOI to recognize up and coming talent.

This year BYU got in 7 entries! Big BIG WOOT!

Here are BYU's winners (student and entry):

Anna Doxey/Eggelston:



Anthony Holden:



Will Strong:



Houston Trueblood:



Steven Waggoner:



Kelly Weed:



Jacob Wyatt:



I'm really blown away that I actually won something with my artwork. I like it and my friends all seem to like it. But I didn't really think that other people (professionals even) would really be interested in my work. Maybe I am ready to be a professional after all.

You can see all of the winning entries here. Congrats to everybody.

7 comments:

Anthony Holden said...

Yay, everyone! Boo, no one!

(A pretty decent showing from BYU this year, no?)

PS, Allison especially liked yours, Will.

Strong Clan said...

WAY TO GO!!
I am a proud Wife.

Anthony and Jake you both make me really proud and excited for you. I am so lucky to know you all.

CONGRATS!

Jed said...

So great! Way to go BYU kids!

Alan said...

Congratulations! It's nice to see your art get recognized for how good it is. I love your style. I look forward to buying my kids books you've illustrated.

Rachel J said...

Congrats Will! This was my favorite one you did!

Leslie said...

Way to go everyone!! They all look fantastic.

Michael Mercer said...

Congrats you guys are awesome!