About Me

My photo
Author, Illustrator, Creative Guy willstrong.art@gmail.com

Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm the Map, I'm the Map, I'm the Map, I'm the Map, I'm the Map, I'm the Map...

I'm trying to snag an illustration job right now at BYU. The job consists of illustrating early readers for first graders that will include text in both English and Chinese characters. The inclusion of English is good for me because my foreign language skills do not extend beyond Spanish, British and Canadian.

The desired style for the illos is simple, cute and easy to read. Think "Dora the Explorer" or "Ne Hao Kai Lan." I did a couple of quick examples of what I could do for them. Nothing fancy here. Just getting the job done.




The first image is gouache and the second is pastel over watercolor. I hope I get the job.

2 comments:

Strong Clan said...

I know you are going to get the job...your biggest fans say so!

I love the pastel over watercolor.

madison said...

WILL CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! so fun to see you today, too!! these look awesome!! everything you're doing looks so professional!! i am MUCHO impressed!! :) have a great one and see youthursday!